Associate in Science Degree in Web Application Development
The explosive growth of the Internet has changed the way people communicate, conduct business, acquire education and manage their daily lives. The world's acceptance of these technologies has made the Internet and the Web a basic requirement for most businesses resulting in a widely acknowledged need for professionals having a strong education in web related areas.
This program combines numerous facets of traditional software engineering skills with a graphical user interface design and client server architecture thus producing a broad knowledge base in these areas:
- Problem Solving
- Systems Analysis including data flow and use case/class design
- Database Design
Graduates of this program can either seek entry level positions in web development or continue their education in the field of computers.
No matching titles in the spreadsheet. Title: Web Application Development
|Associate in Science in Web Application Development|
|CSCI106N||Introduction to Software and Web Development||2||3||3|
|CSCI102N||Website Development I||2||2||3|
|CSCI161N||Introduction to Programming||2||2||3|
|MATH110N||Algebra and Trigonometry||4||0||4|
|CSCI175N||Intermediate Programming Using C++||2||2||3|
|CSCI140N||Essentials of Systems Analysis and Design||2||2||3|
|CSCI103N||Website Development II||2||2||3|
|ARTS120N||Introduction to Graphic Design Theory||2||2||3|
|CSCI203N||Introduction to UNIX||2||2||3|
|CSCI207N||Database Design and Management||2||2||3|
|General Education Core: Science||3||2/3||4|
|CSCI206N||Server-Side Scripting Using PHP||2||2||3|
|CSCI290N||Computer Science Internship||1||8||3|
|CSCI284N||Senior Website Development Lab: A Capstone Experience||2||2||3|
|General Education Core: Behavioral Social Science||3||0||3|
|General Education Core: English/Communications||3||0||3|
|Total 64 Credits|
Upon the completion of the degree in Web Application Development, graduates will be able to:
- Solve problems through the application of appropriate research methods.
- Identify the benefits of quality, timeliness and continuous improvement in regards to software development process.
- Apply critical-thinking skills to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Communicate software development related information effectively to a diverse audience using visual and written modes.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply all facets of the software development life cycle during a project.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow a systematic progression of software development and refinement when designing and developing software for a project.
- Participate effectively as a member of a web application development team.
- Articulate an understanding of the need for life-long learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diversity through interaction with project teammates.
- Develop websites that reflect the application of up-to-date tools and techniques of the discipline.