This program combines numerous facets of traditional software engineering skills with a graphical user interface design and client server architecture thus producing a broad knowledge base in these areas:
- Problem Solving
- Systems Analysis including data flow and use case/class design
- Database Design
Graduates of this program can either seek entry level positions in web development or continue their education in the field of computers.
|Associate in Science in Web Application Development|
|CSCI106N||Introduction to Software and Web Development||2||3||3|
|CSCI102N||Website Development I||2||2||3|
|CSCI161N||Introduction to Programming||2||2||3|
|MATH110N||Alegebra and Trigonometry||4||0||4|
|CSCI175N||Intermediate Programming Using C++||2||2||3|
|CSCI140N||Essentials of Systems Analysis and Design||2||2||3|
|CSCI103N||Website Development II||2||2||3|
|ARTS120N||Introduction to Graphic Design Theory||2||2||3|
|CSCI203N||Introduction to UNIX||2||2||3|
|CSCI207N||Database Design and Management||2||2||3|
|General Education Core: English/Communications||3||0||3|
|General Education Core: Science||3||2||4|
|CSCI206N||Server-Side Scripting Using PHP||2||2||3|
|CSCI290N||Computer Science Internship||1||8||3|
|CSCI284N||Senior Website Development Lab: A Capstone Experience||2||2||3|
|General Education Core: Behavioral Social Science||3||0||3|
|General Education Core: History/Political Science||3||0||3|
|Total 67 Credits|
Upon the completion of the degree in Web Application Development, graduates will be able to:
- Solve problems through the application of appropriate research methods.
- Identify the benefits of quality, timeliness and continuous improvement in regards to software development process.
- Apply critical-thinking skills to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Communicate software development related information effectively to a diverse audience using visual and written modes.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply all facets of the software development life cycle during a project.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow a systematic progression of software development and refinement when designing and developing software for a project.
- Participate effectively as a member of a web application development team.
- Articulate an understanding of the need for life-long learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diversity through interaction with project teammates.
- Develop websites that reflect the application of up-to-date tools and techniques of the discipline.