Are you passionate about young children and education? The Associate Degree at Nashua Community College will provide you with the theoretical and hands-on learning to support your passion and goals. A career in early childhood is your opportunity to touch the future and make a difference in the lives of young children.
Why Study Childhood Education Here
Our Early Childhood Education program at Nashua Community College combines theoretical study with immediate field experiences in quality childcare centers with children from birth to 8 years of age. We have embedded professional development certificates into courses that can be added to your resume. Our Early Childhood Education Program follows the NAEYC Professional Standards. The Associate degree requirements fulfillthe NH Early Childhood Level 5 Teacher Credential.
Come learn with us and experience
- Collaborative learning environments
- Hands-on activities
- Quality Instructors passionate about the field of early childhood
- Course sequence earns you stackable certificates as you progress through our program (Associate Teacher certificate, Lead Teacher certificate, Associate Degree).
- Child care center Lead Teacher or Associate Teacher
- Head Start or Early Head Start Programs
- Family child care
- Para-educator at elementary schools
- Field of child advocacy
- Further your education at a 4-year college or university to become a pre-k – 3rd-grade teacher
- Director of childcare center
- Early Childhood Associate Teacher Certification
- Early Childhood Lead Teacher Certification
“If you are passionate about young children and their inquisitive minds, early childhood education may be the field for you. Early childhood educators can positively affect the lives of young children and their families. You can be the teacher that inspires children with a love of learning that will last a lifetime.”
—Lisa Furman Ed. D.