Job Outlook For Bookkeepers
- According to PayScale.com, bookkeepers earn on average $17.37 per hour. Experienced bookkeepers can earn over $56,000 annually.
- According to CareerBuilder.com, bookkeeping is a highly transferable skill set for accounting professionals who want to advance into financial analysis or management roles.
- Technology is highly relevant to the bookkeeper’s role. Mastering QuickBooks Online is the key to matching bookkeeping skills with expanding requirements for analysis, visual data presentation and reporting that provides value-added to the traditional bookkeeper’s duties.
Bookkeepers serve on the front lines of a person, company or organization’s financial health. Strong bookkeepers set up, deploy and manage systems that record the flow of funds into and out of an entity’s coffers. Using reporting tools and systems, bookkeepers help individuals and operational managers stay aware of and improve an entity’s financial status and performance..
QuickBooks® has replaced the manual entry functions of traditional bookkeeping. However, the organization, reporting and use of financial data still rely heavily on human input and processing. Knowing how to automate your bookkeeping practice with QuickBooks is an important aspect to staying competitive in today’s job market.
Yes, if you’re an expert in the latest version of QuickBooks, you can walk into any small business and immediately organize their finances. QuickBooks is the top-rated accounting software for small businesses, you likely know a company that already uses it.
- Prepare to sit for the QuickBooks Certified User Exam (QBCU).
- Successfully set up a company file in QuickBooks Online.
- Perform fundamental analysis of accounts, financial documents, and reports.
- Perform essential bookkeeping duties and tasks.
- Apply basic accounting principles (accrual method, depreciation, and so on) to bookkeeping practices.
- Understand fundamental accounting concepts and how QuickBooks works to support these concepts.
Registration And Enrollment
Degrees and Certificates