How to register for a CLEP exam

The College Board offers a remote option for taking a CLEP test and has a list of CLEP testing centers.

The first step is to log in to and register via the My Account Feature. Next, choose the exam you want to take.


If you want your test scores to be sent to NCC please designate us as the college to receive your transcript.

If you have any questions regarding transferring in CLEP credits please contact the Academic Advising Center at 603-578-8906 or email us at [email protected]

Academic Advising Center

Our college awards credits to students who achieve a minimum score of 50 on the following tests: (For nursing applicants a score of 52 for Psychology and 53 for Human Growth & Development are required; and for Communication and English majors a minimum score of 50 is required for College Composition).

College CompositionIntroductory Business Law
French LanguageSpanish Language
College MathematicsCollege Algebra
History of the U.S. IHistory of the U.S. II
Western Civilization IWestern Civilization II
Principles of ManagementNatural Sciences
Introductory PsychologyIntroductory Sociology
Financial Accounting IGerman
Analyzing and Interpreting LiteratureAmerican Literature
Humanities American Government
Human Growth & DevelopmentSocial Science and History
English Literature

Successful completion of a CLEP exam is treated as transfer credit. Students need to request their transcript be sent to NCC for review. This request is made during the test or by contacting the Collegeboard after.

CLEP tests are taken on the computer and score reports, for most tests, are available immediately after the test.

The CLEP official study guides with sample questions for exams is available through the Collegeboard website.

For Additional CLEP Information

Credit by Examination (CBE) may be earned by matriculated students who, by study, training, or experience outside the College, have acquired skill or knowledge equivalent to that acquired by students enrolled in a course at the College. Such skill, knowledge, or experience shall be in the area of the course concerned and determined to be relevant by the Vice President of Academic Affairs or other authorized personnel. Students may challenge a course by requesting and completing an examination or evaluation that covers the instructional material of the course. If successful, the appropriate credits earned are applied to the students’ programs but may not be transferrable to another college. Since a traditional grade (A-F) is not entered, the Credit by Exam is not calculated into the student’s GPA. For further clarification, check with the college you are planning to transfer to. Students requesting a CBE shall pay a fee of $25 per credit. This fee is non-refundable. Credit will not be given for grades below C. If a student fails to pass the exam, no entry is made on the academic transcript but a record of the unsuccessful completion will be maintained in the student’s file. Students receiving a grade below C are ineligible for another CBE in that course. Students may not CBE a course in which they are enrolled if they have earned a grade within the CCSNH, or if they have been administratively withdrawn, or if they dropped the course after the two-week drop/add period.

Please note that not all programs provide the CBE option. Candidates wishing to review the material for which they shall be held responsible in a CBE may apply to the chairperson of the department concerned for a list of areas of the subject matter covered upon which the exam will be based. The CBE will cover the content of the course being challenged. Students must apply for and take the CBE by the end of the Add/Drop period.